In a world where ignorance is at an all time high, it is time to bring things back in to perspective.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Lesson 8.  With God you can do anything.

People who really knew my mother for years can tell you she was a good mother but not always a good Christian. In fact, when I was young she was alcoholic who smoked a lot of cigarettes.  When I was about 6 or 7 years old we joined the church. My mother had a new relationship with God and she stopped drinking.  Years later I asked her how did she stop drinking?  She said, “I asked God to take the taste from her mouth and he did.”  That was powerful to me.  I have worked with people addicted to drugs and alcohol and I know how difficult it can be for them.  I have also had many difficult times in my life.  Even in the most difficult moments I believed that God would bring me through.  He came through every time.
 
It does not matter if you are facing hard times, trying to face an addiction, or starting a new season of your life with God it is possible.  You must pray and ask God for direction and strength.  Then you must believe that He will deliver.  There is no problem to big or small for God.  With man it is impossible with God all things are possible.  Do not try to out God in a box because He is too big for any box you have.  Trust God and have faith.  
 

1 comment:

  1. I like your blogging Kamilah! I love your positive, can do attitude and trust in God :)

    Keep fighting the good fight,

    Bruce
    edevotional.com

    ReplyDelete